2 cups gluten free flour (2/3 c. brown rice flour, 2/3 cup tapioca flour, 2/3 cup sorghum flour from Authentic Foods)
1/2 tsp xanthum gum
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup coconut oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1&1/3 cups pureed cooked carrots
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use palm shortening or coconut oil to grease muffin pan or line a 13x9 inch cake pan with waxed paper and grease the paper.
2. Combine the dry ingredients.
3. Add the oil, eggs, and vanilla and beat well.
4. Then fold in the carrots, walnuts, coconut and pineapple.
5. Pour batter into prepared muffin pans.
6. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (about 20 minutes for mini muffins, 30 minutes for regular size muffins and 1 hour for cake.)
7. Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes. Then invert over cake rack and unmold. Remove waxed paper and cool for 1 hour.
8. Frost with coconut frosting.
1 pound confectioners sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil or Spectrum Palm Shortening
3-4 Tablespoons coconut milk
In mixer, combine confectioners sugar, oil/shortening and 3 Tablespoons of coconut milk. Mix at high speed for 3 minutes. Add more coconut milk if too stiff.