Saturday, August 2, 2008

Gluten Free In Burlington, Vermont

I bought a gluten free peach pie and a fresh carrot, apple, kale juice from Healthy Living in Burlington, Vermont. For me, it doesn't get much better than this. After being on the road for a week, I felt like I was at a spa when I was wandering around Healthy Living. The gluten free peach pie was from freshmeadowfarmbakery and it was delicious and flaky--even my brother-in-law had a piece and he is not a big fan of gluten free anything. And my daughter's friend asked for a second piece--"even a crumb" she said when I told her mom said only one small piece. The pie has some butter in the crust, which sometimes I occasionally include in my GFCF diet, but other members of our family can't. I also bought some Blue Ledge Farm Farmstead Gouda raw goats milk cheese, because sometimes people who are intolerant of cow's milk can have some goat's milk. And I have read that sometimes people who can't tolerate milk can, for some reason, tolerate the raw milk. So, I thought while I was in Vermont I would try some raw cheese. I was told by the environmental allergist to try things I might be sensitive to first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to see if there is a reaction. So I will be having a piece of cheese first thing in the morning--which is at 6 am because my neice Ella is like a rooster. Anyway, if you are in Burlington or anywhere near Burlington head to Healthy Living for some local, organic food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just ate at a new restaurant in Burlington, Boloco another great option for all of your GFCF needs...but be sure to order large vs. regular sized portions.

Print this post
Lauren said...

Vermont sounds so refreshing in contrast to Manhattan!! Sounds like you are having a great summer.

xo

Print this post