Makes 2 gingerbread houses--one McMansion and one modest house.
- 9 cups leftover flour (a mix of rice, tapioca, potato starch, sorghum etc.)
- 2 Tbsp xanthan gum
- 3 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp potato flour (optional)
- 3 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp ground allspice
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 cups spectrum shortening
- 1 cup eggs (about 4/5 eggs)
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp dark molasses
- 1 Tbsp salt
2. combine flour, spices, baking powder, xanthum gum and spices. set aside.
3. cream sugars & shortening together.
4. add eggs and beat until creamy.
5. add molasses and salt
6.add flour mix one cup at a time to creamed butter/sugar mixture using a wooden spoon.
7. knead dough at end to incorporate all flour.
8 divide in six pieces and roll out to 1/4 inch thick.
9. cut into shaped cookies and bake for 16-19 minutes or cut into a gingerbread house.
Thank you Only Sometimes Clever for your detailed recipe and the links to Bob Villa's pattern!