We made this gluten free/casein free/soy free ice cream in a bag today for A. who is our "well oiled machine." This is a GREAT recipe because you can find the ingredients in any large grocery store. After 10 minutes of bag shaking it hardened into creamy coconut ice cream. It melts super fast, so you have to eat it quickly--which isn't hard to do. Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag from Kid Concoctions has the dairy version I made for my daughter's birthday.
•1/4 cup coconut milk
• 1 Tablespoon maple (or honey--if you are SCD)
•1/4 teaspoon gluten free vanilla (optional--the maple adds a rich flavor)
• 6 Tablespoons rock salt (or kosher salt or whatever salt you have on hand)
• 1 sandwich size plastic ziplock bag (or jar)
• 1 gallon size plastic ziplock bag (or jar)
• 1/2 bag of ice
1. Put coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla into the small bag and seal it carefully.
2. Fill the large bag half full of ice and add the rock salt.
3. Place the small bag inside the large one and seal it carefully.
4. Shake the bag until the mixture is ice cream, which takes 5-10 minutes of shaking.
5. Wipe off the top of the small bag, then open it carefully. Scoop into a bowl and enjoy.
Coconut Oil--an Antiviral and Antimicrobial Food
Purely Decadent Coconut Milk Ice Cream