½ cups cashew nuts-ground finely
1½ cups gluten free flour blend
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon xanthum gum
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup canola oil
2/3 cup maple syrup
6 tablespoons coconut milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1& 1/3 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 325º and prepare muffin tray by spraying muffin liners with oil or using a paper towel to grease tray with oil or organic spectrum shortening.
2. Grind ½ cup cashews in a food processor or blender. Add dry ingredients to ground cashews and blend more to combine.
3. Put dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
3. Mix wet ingredients together separately.
4. Wash blueberries and place on a sheet tray to dry. Toss with 1 Tablespoon of dry ingredients.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
6. Add blueberries until mixed in. Scoop into 12 prepared muffin tray using an ice cream scooper. Sprinkle with granulated sugar or cinnamon sugar. Bake at 325º for 25-30 minutes.
For nut free muffins: add ½ cup gluten free flour to replace ½ cup ground cashews
To use regular flour: replace gluten free flour with regular wheat flour and leave out xanthum gum.
For egg free muffins: eliminate eggs and use 2/3 cup milk instead of 6 Tablespoons.