It has been quite a busy day. This morning, I spent three hours giving a presentation at Sinergia, an amazing NYC non-profit organization in East Harlem. While I was there I showed everyone how to make almond milk and spring rolls. After a tree trimming party this afternoon, I made my award winning tasty easy chili and baked 40 cupcakes. NYC is quite an amazing place--maybe even more amazing than these cupcakes.
2/3 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 and 1/4 cup brown rice flour mix
1/4 teaspoon salt
1&1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthum gum
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup milk, rice milk, almond milk or 1/3 cup seltzer
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 24 mini cupcake liners.
2. Mix sugar and eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed for one minute.
3.Combine rice flour, salt, baking powder, and xanthum gum in small bowl and whisk together.
4 Combine canola oil, milk of choice and vanilla extract in small bowl.
5. Add dry ingredients and wet ingredients to sugar and eggs.
6. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
7. Using a tablespoon or a small ice cream scoop, scoop a heaping tablespoon into each cupcake liner.
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
9. Frost and enjoy.