The first year we were gluten free we had rice cakes for Passover--I was just trying to get through the day. The second year we had homemade gluten free matzah. My kids liked the homemade matzah so much that I make them all year round. The matzah taste more like saltines than typical matzah and we use the matzah dough for crackers and for a pizza crust. This year we are having gluten free matzah ball soup, which I learned how to make at Rebecca Reilly's dumpling class. Here is the recipe I am making:
Matzah Ball Soup Recipe
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon salt
pinch of white pepper
1 cup ground up gluten free matzoh meal
1. Beat eggs with 1 teaspoon salt and white pepper.
2. Gradually add the matzoh meal (start with less than 1 cup. more can be added.)
3. Let mixture stand at room temperature for approximately 1 hour.
4. Divide chicken stock in two pots-- half to cook to matzah balls and half to serve with the soup.
5. Wet hands and shape mixture into small balls and drop them into the boiling water then cover the pot. The matzah balls with expand.
6. Cook covered for 30 minutes, do not remove lid during cooking.
Place one or two matzah balls in each bowl. Ladle the broth over the matzah balls. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.