There is a Pre-Thanksgiving promotion today at Katz Gluten Free, with every order over $30 add a bag of bread crumbs to your cart, and insert the coupon code GOBBLE to receive the breadcrumbs for free.
I used Katz's breadcrumbs last night (a total coincidence!) Here is the recipe for chicken paillard. It's a more sophisticated and homemade version of chicken nuggets.
CHICKEN PAILLARD with KATZ'S GLUTEN FREE BREADCRUMBS RECIPE:
- 1 package Katz's gluten free breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts cut in half into 8 chicken cutlets. They should be the size of a chicken breast only thinner.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, potato starch or tapioca starch
- 1 egg-optional
- To tenderize chicken, after cutting up chicken pieces, coat them with a two tablespoons of cornstarch or tapioca flour and let sit for an hour to overnight to tenderize chicken.
- Then add 1 egg white to chicken pieces and stir together until chicken is coated with egg whites. Let sit 5-20 minutes. Combine seasoning with breadcrumbs in dish the size of a pie dish.
- Add egg yolk.
- Finally dredge starchy/eggy chicken in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Or fry in 3 Tablespoons of oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side (depending on how thin/thick chicken is.)